Join us at JPII
Now is the perfect time to join us at JPII as we ‘Reach for More’. We have recently expanded our programming and are in search of caring individuals ready to join our team.
The following clearances need to be obtained before employment can begin:
-Criminal History Check
-Child Abuse Clearance
-Mandated Reporting Certificate
John Paul II Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Director of Development
John Paul II Center is seeking a motivated, enthusiastic and caring person to coordinate all phases of development and marketing for the center. They will provide leadership and direction to board and volunteers to create and implement the development, marketing and outreach plans for the center. The director will work in collaboration with the principal, Board of Directors and administrative staff. This person must be passionate about advocating for children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
This is a full-time, year-round position including benefits.
Some of the responsibilities to include:
– Oversee and manage the activities of the Board to include training and volunteer management. Attend all board meetings, prepare meeting reminders and all other general Board correspondence.
– Oversee all aspects of marketing. Some of these activities include but are not limited to the newsletter, Press Releases, Website, social media and brochures.
– Develop and oversee all fundraising programs for the Center to achieve the fundraising goal each fiscal year. Some of these activities include but are not limited to the Annual Appeal and Legacy Gala.
– Oversee and coordinate planned giving initiatives
– Research, prepare and process grant applications on an ongoing basis under the direction of the principal.
– Oversee the preparation of all mailings pertaining to development, to include the coordination of volunteers and students to assist in the process.
– A minimum of 3 – 5 yrs. experience in non-profit fundraising/development
– Proven volunteer leadership capabilities
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to make presentations to small and large groups
– Excellent interpersonal communications, research and organizational skills
– Ability to develop and manage budgets and prepare annual reports
– Strong partnership building and event planning skills
– Interest, enthusiasm and affinity for fundraising and working with people
– Self-motivated, work well under pressure and able to handle several projects at one time
Qualified candidates may send their resume and references to email@example.com
Special Education Teacher
JPII needs a Special Education Teacher to join our staff for the new school year. We need someone who is passionate about helping all students reach their potential. Work in a bright, active, positive environment. Join an organization devoted to helping all children succeed. Duties include writing IEP’s, communicating with staff and families, writing lessons plans, and working with aides, therapists, and administrative staff. Provide a safe, productive classroom environment. Special Education certification required.
Teacher Assistant – School Age Program
We need individuals who are passionate about helping all students reach their potential. Work in a bright, active, positive environment. The assistant will be working with students under the direction of the teacher. This position is 29 hrs a week, the typical school year September to June.
Direct Service Worker (Part time and Full time) – Adult Program
We are looking for caring individuals who are interested in teaching and assisting adults as they strive for growth and success. Part-time and full-time positions for Direct Care staff will support individuals with intellectual disabilities in a caring and unique environment. Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus.