John Paul II Center is able to care for and teach our incredible students and young adults because of the support we receive from our community.  To make giving as secure and convenient as possible, we now provide a number of ways to help fund JPII’s mission. Our tax laws not only encourage the support of charitable organizations; the tax code provides benefits that make it possible for the philanthropic spirit to be expressed through many forms of giving. If you are 70½ or older, one option may be to transfer money from your IRA to John Paul II, so you may receive a tax credit while providing funding for our specialized programs.

Support JPII and reduce your tax burden

Are you looking for a tax-wise way to make a charitable contribution
to John Paul II Center? If so, consider making a qualified charitable
distribution from your IRA account.

What is a qualified charitable distribution?

At your direction, the custodian or trustee of your IRA can transfer money from your IRA directly to a qualified public charity, like John Paul II Center, so that you can support the causes that matter most to you. This gift is a qualified charitable distribution (QCD), which is sometimes called an
IRA charitable rollover gift.

To make an IRA charitable rollover gift, you must be at least age 70½, your gift must be made from a traditional or Roth IRA and you can give up to $100,000 per year.

An IRA Charitable Rollover Gift:

• May satisfy your annual required minimum distribution, or RMD, up to the amount of your gift

• Allows you to give from pre-tax assets and your distribution is excluded from taxable income

• Helps avoid limits on charitable deductions and prevents you from being pushed into a higher tax bracket

• Simplifies the giving process. It’s easy to do—just notify your IRA custodian

• Minimizes the effect your giving has on your cash flow. The gift is from your assets, not your checkbook.

Next Steps

  1. Contact Melissah Jablonski at 610-777-0605 or send her an email for additional information about the Halo Society, including different options to leave John Paul II Center for Special Learning in your will or estate plan.
  2. Seek advice from your legal or financial advisor
  3. If you include John Paul II Center for Special Learning in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID:
    a. Legal Name: John Paul II Center for Special Learning, Inc.
    b. Address: 1092 Welsh Road, Shillington, PA 19607
    c. Federal Tax ID Number: Contact JPII for EIN number.

The purpose of this web page is to provide general information only. John Paul II Center for Special Learning is not engaged in providing legal or tax advisory service. Advice from legal and tax counsel should be sought when considering these types of gifts.